Explore the Scriptures with Nearly 50 of Today’s Top Bible Scholars, including:
Daniel Block, D.Phil. Gunther H. Knoedler Professor of Old Testament, Wheaton College.
Barry J. Beitzel, PhD. Professor of Old Testament and Semitic Languages, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. Director, Middle Eastern Studies Program.
Tremper Longman III, PhD. Robert H. Gundry Professor of Biblical Studies, Westmont College.
John N. Oswalt, PhD. Visiting Distinguished Professor of Old Testament, Asbury Seminary.
Features from nearly 50 of today’s most trusted Bible teachers include:
- 300+ theme articles identify and explore the major topics and ideas of the Bible.
- 25,000+ study and textual notes provide background and deeper explanations of words, phrases, verses, and sections.
- 85 introductory articles set the stage for each major section, book, and time period, including the intertestamental period, the time after the apostles, and a harmony of the Gospels.
- 220+ charts, illustrations, maps, and timelines organize and illuminate important information.
- 200 Greek and Hebrew word studies trace the use of important words throughout the Bible.
- 90+ profiles paint portraits of major figures in the Bible―good and bad.
- 50,000+ cross-references connect related verses.
- Words of Christ in red